A message from Theresa Bell
Although we are still awaiting guidance from Governor Cuomo and the Department of Motor Vehicles, we have been diligently planning for our re-opening and implementing policies to keep our customers and our instructors safe.
With this thought uppermost in our minds, we have thoroughly cleaned and sanitized all driving school vehicles as well as our classroom.
When we have a definite opening date, we will first contact and reschedule those customers who were previously scheduled and cancelled due to our mandated closing. Then any customers who have submitted requests for private instruction since our closure will be contacted and scheduled. The same procedure will be followed for road tests.
Frequently asked Questions
Will road tests be automatically rescheduled when they begin again or will I have to make a reservation?
Road tests will not be automatically rescheduled. When Road Tests Sites are reopened, customers who had a previously scheduled road test will be given first priority to a new reservation.
Does the extension for expiring driver licenses also apply to learner permits?
Yes. All licenses and learner permits with an expiration date of March 1, 2020 or later will be extended until further notice while DMV Field Offices remain closed.
Will there be an extension on 5-hour course expiration dates?
It has not been extended. However, any course completion certificates that expire during the time of the state of emergency will be honored.
Please note our newly implemented COVID policy for in-car instruction below.
We have been truly blessed with a loyal customer base and greatly appreciate your continued support during this difficult time.
COVID Policy for In-Car Instruction
The safety of our students and instructors at Bell’s Auto Driving School, Inc. has always been our highest priority. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, we are adding additional safety standards to continue to provide a safe environment for the student and the instructor.
Before and after each driving lesson, our automobile will be thoroughly cleaned with alcohol-based cleaning products. We will clean the following:
- Steering Wheel and Steering Column Controls
- Dashboard Controls
- Gearshift & Keys
- Door Handles (inside and out)
- Rear View Mirror
- Window and Mirror Controls
- Seat Adjusters
Before each lesson begins, the student and instructor will be required to complete the following:
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer before the start of instruction. Hand sanitizer will be provided in each vehicle.
- A mask that completely covers a person’s nose and mouth will be worn at all times by both the student and the instructor for the entire lesson until such a time as CDC recommendations are amended.
- No physical contact (casual or otherwise) will be permitted. The only exception would be in an emergency situation.
If prior to the lesson (or during the lesson), any of the listed safety standards are not followed, the lesson will be immediately terminated.
Prior to the lesson, you must answer the following questions:
- Have you traveled overseas, to NYC, or by air/train within the last 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with anyone who would answer yes to question number 1?
- At any time within the last 30 days have you had close contact or cared for an individual diagnosed with Covid 19 or an individual currently waiting on a Covid 19 diagnosis?
- In the last 14 days, have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms, including but not limited to fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing or loss of smell or taste?
Our 24-hour cancellation policy will remain in force. If you answer yes to any of these questions, we reserve the right to cancel the lesson in order to maintain the safety of all parties and you will be subject to the $25 cancellation fee.
If you have any questions regarding the policy/procedures listed in this letter, you should contact us as soon as possible to allow us to address your concerns.